Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Journey Continues

Over the last couple of months I've found I needed consciously address my own, personal acceptance again. A few pants had gotten a little too tight. In the past I may have forced myself to suffer and endure them, thinking I would try to motivate and remind myself about my goals but really it was punishing myself. This punished me more than just the painful bind in my in tummy, it also made me look dumpy and broadcasted to the world I had gained weight and my clothes didn't fit.

I have had to deal with some of my fear of letting go and just let be what they are going to be with my size. At moments it really has taken a retraining of my personal dialogue. I still have a long way to go on this journey but I suppose I'm at least heading in the right direction. And I have newer, comfortable pants.

No comments: