Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Resolution People

My husband and I noticed a lot more people clogging up the lap lanes while swimming this week, as well as twice many people in the aqua aerobics class. Lots of New Year's resolution people we're guessing. I will be curious to see how many remain at the end of the month. Since I really like to swim I'm always surprised when chatting with someone who is just enduring it as a means to get to a goal of losing weight. Personally I've never stuck with exercise I've viewed that way for the long term and I have yet to see any one of these people develop into regulars. One thing I seem to have in common with the other people I see week in, week out is we all really like swimming and generally relish our time in the pool.

I've never been a New Year's resolution person, I don't think in my 40 years on the earth I've ever made one. No, not even one of my multitude of previous diets. If I'm going to do something I either do it then or I don't, even if it's Wednesday, May 14th at 3:47. I think I may lack the patience to wait and plan as well. I do wish the New Year's resolution people well, even if I don't get it.

No comments: