Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ebay Sellers

...lay off the Fabreze. Seriously dudes, put it down and step away. Take a deep breath, it will be okay. Really. Some of you hard cases may need to start a support group.

I've been revamping my wardrobe (again), partly out of boredom and partly out inspiration from the beautiful women on Flickr Fatshionista. Oh, and I've trying to finally come to terms with my plantar fasciitis being here to stay so I have to part ways with most of my cute shoes that don't allow for my orthotics (not being able to wear slides and clogs when the only thing skinny on you is your heel sucks btw). So I've been thrifting, scouring online clearances (because I generally despise physical retail shopping with a passion), and ebaying. Over 50% of the items from ebay have arrive REEKING of Fabreze. Like give me instant headache, make me nauseous, get it in the laundry immediately reeking (which is a bummer when it's new stuff). What the heck? I do not understand this product, to me there is nothing fresh smelling about it. However, obviously much of their target market is ebay sellers.

Also list your 1X and higher stuff in the plus sizes section or we'll never find it. Oh, and a size L or a 14 is not a plus size (gasp!), list it in the misses section because they won't find it either (even if you happen to think that's a fat size).

4 comments:

Rose Campion said...

My theory on the febreeze people is that they're actually smokers and use it to cover up the smoky smell. The only thing worse than the febreeze is that smoke smell.

Pegkitty said...

I hate febreeze, and every time I see those commercials where the people shove their faces into cushions and upholstery to BREATHE!IT!IN!, I think to myself that a few years from now, some new lung disorder like mesothelioma is going to be discovered and traced to febreeze over-exposure.

MarieDenee said...

Hahaha, I have never thought about that. But it would be an unpleasant smell, especially boxed up and well traveled!

I wish you well on your shopping adventures! If you are ever looking for some rare finds of designers, take a peek over here, I have made it my mission to unconver all who cater to the Curvy.Confident.Chic. Fashionista...
Nice blog you have here!

cars admire said...

this fab Igigi dress in their final cut clearance section...
really are a very stunning on you
!!