Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Fat Girl Breaks the Rules

 
 
 
The theme for this month's Ahead of the Curve plus size fashion blogging collective is "Mismatched".  The runways have been filled with designers pairing designs that traditionally don't go together.  My goal was to translate that into a wearable outfit for me.
 

 
I couldn't quit wrap my mind around playing with patterns AND color, while still making it comfortable enough for me to wear out.  I decided to stick with black and white.  I paired a ponte knit skater dress and polka dot cropped cardigan from Torrid.

 
Like many of my other cardigans from Torrid they have a nice attention to detail, with this one it's nice rhinestone buttons.

 
Since this outfit made me feel a little bit like I had fallen down the rabbit hole I thought it was fitting to pair it with my Alice in Wonderland painted roses necklace from Crypt of Curiosities.
 
Please, don't stop here!  Check out the rest of my fellow blogger's take on the mismatched theme buy clicking on the link below.
 
 
 

2 comments:

PlumpUpTheFrock said...

Liking this a lot on you! Love both of those pieces individually and they work well together. Details like those buttons are so great.

Stina Scott said...

I wanted this sweater when Torrid had it. I missed out. I have seen so many beautiful ladies in it. Love it<3