Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 2014 Spending

July was the first month of my personal challenge to keep my annual spending at $1,200.   My goal isn't necessarily to keep my spending to $100 a month but I wanted to at least try to come close to that my first month.  It wasn't easy and I needed to return some things to stay within my limit.  Did I do it?  Just barely.


More importantly, what did I buy?


Bathing suit via eBay, new, $30 shipped.
 
Modcloth Sudoku dress, $23 shipped.
 

SWAK leopard print skirt via Facebook resale group, gently used, $16 shipped.
 

Torrid cheetah print dress via Facebook resale group, gently used, $14 shipped.
 

Torrid purple lace top via Facebook resale group, gently used, $13 shipped.
 

Modcloth red velvet headband via eBay, gently used, $2 shipped (best deal of the month).

I certainly spent far less time shopping and browsing this month.  However, old habits die hard and I've already preshopped for most of my August allotment.  The challenge has definitely made me more selective and thoughtful about each and every purchase, which is a good thing.

1 comment:

affinity said...

"The challenge has definitely made me more selective and thoughtful about each and every purchase, which is a good thing."

Seems like you are accomplishing your goals, even if not tightly within your limits.