Tuesday, July 8, 2014

The Fat Girl Stays Cool in the Summer Heat

This month's Ahead of the Curve theme is Bare for Summer.  This was a little bit of a struggle for me as I'm actually a pretty modest dresser by default.  I've never worn bikinis, not even when I was average sized.

Up until last summer I wouldn't even wear sleeveless garments but living in a hotter area made me reconsider my stance.  For me, wearing this baby doll cami from Torrid was pretty brave.
 
 
Shoulders and back are on display in the summer heat!  The capri pants are also from Torrid.

 
For the first time in over twenty years I also purchased a strapless bra.  Finding something to accommodate a 40HH was not easy and I tried several brands but finally settled on one from Elomi.  Since the top had straps I opted to wear the clear straps with it but the bra is pretty supportive even without straps.  It's opened up a would new world of wardrobe options I had formally excluded.
 
So get out there, enjoy the summer, and be confident and comfortable no matter what your size!
 
Don't stop with me! Find out how the other lovely Ahead of the Curve bloggers show some skin!
 
 
We are a plus size blogging collective that comes together once a month to post on a fashion theme. Please follow us to Ahead of the Curve to check out how we take on getting bare for summer! Stay in the know with Ahead of the Curve by liking us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram as Ahead_of_the_Curve_Bloggers.
 
 
 

5 comments:

Stina Scott said...

I love this polka dot shirt. I looked at it many times on Torrid. I totally should have grabbed it!
xx

Mary Demetra said...

This outfit is totally adorable. I absolutely love the polka dots :)!

Mary Demetra said...

I absolutely love this outfit!!!! The polka dots are too cute!

affinity mingle said...

Love this post, thanks for sharing.

Valerie Hardwick said...

I love this look...as always adorable....