Tuesday, August 11, 2015

The Real Me: Day In, Day Out


This month's Ahead of the Curve theme is Everyday Wear.  My plan was to take a picture every day for a month but time got away from me so a week will have to do. It just so happens I was in St. Louis last week so this is also what I packed without even thinking about this blog post so it's very me in my element. Some days I even have wet hair and no make up, not a typical fashion blog post. I am also having a plantar fasciitis/heel spur flare so my footwear options are even more limited at the moment.


On Monday I went out to dinner and a movie, with wet hair no less. The shirt is an Avenue, thrifted a couple of days before, capris from TJ Maxx, Crocs, and a Lia Sophia necklace and bracelet.


On Tuesday I went for a picnic at Forest Park and to the history museum. This Modcloth dress is my favorite one to wear when traveling, especially when I'm somewhere featured in the vintage postcard print (St. Louis is!). The shoes are from Klogs.


On Wednesday I took my son to Magic House, a children's museum. My fantastic Westie skirt was made for me by a friend. My tee is an Ava & Viv from Target, I don't recommend it, after only about four wears it was a pilly mess and I tossed it later that night.


On Thursday I once again headed out the door with wet hair. This is one of my very favorite shirts, it's an old one from Lane Bryant and the jean capris came from TJ Maxx. Soon after this I was enjoying wine and kabobs during a BBQ at a park.


On Friday we headed home via a road trip. Soon after this was taken I was covered in dog puke and hair from one little, very nervous traveling companion. The shirt is from Walmart and has been a staple this summer. The capris are also from Walmart and given their packing and washing ease have also seen a lot of traveling with me. My shoes are from Crocs. This Betsey Johnson bag has been my go-to bag of the summer, it goes with everything, has ample room to stash all my stuff, and has a handy cross-body strap for when I need my hands free shopping and exploring.


This is what I wore to church on Sunday, without make up as I was running late. (My Saturday look was skipped as I stayed in PJs all day after being out of town for two weeks.) The dress is from eShakti and the cropped cardigan is from Old Navy. The shoes are from Klogs (my foot is slowly getting better after wearing my stabilizing boot for a few nights).


Don't stop with me! Please head over to Ahead of the Curve to see how fellow plus sized bloggers take their looks from Day to Night!


Ahead of the Curve is a plus size blogging collective that comes together once a month to post on a fashion theme. Please follow me to Ahead of the Curve for more plus sized fashion! Stay in the know with Ahead of the Curve by liking us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram as Ahead_of_the_Curve_Bloggers and on Pinterest.

No comments: